The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Job Announcement Salonga Partnership Coordinator
WWF-DRC is looking for a Partnership Coordinator for its Salonga National Park programme to help achieve its new ambitious goals and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
Kinshasa, with frequent travels to implementation sites around Salonga Park, DRC.
Duration of the assignment: 2 years subject to successful probation renewable subsequently
The Role:As part of the Salonga Program team, the Salonga Partnership Coordinator will be responsible for partnership and communication activities related to Salonga National Park under the supervision of the Park Director and the WWF-DRC Country Director.
Partnerships and Fundraising
- Lead in the identification, establishment and coordination of key strategic partnerships, including local/international implementing partners and academic/ research institutions;
- Work with the Salonga Programme and Fundraising and Partnership team to facilitate new funding opportunities including proposals writing for submission to donors and budget development;
- Work with the Salonga Programme and Fundraising and Partnership team to initiate events and products (including films et.) to raise the Salonga National Park profile nationally and internationally;
- Attend Partnership Coordination meetings;
Conservation Planning and Administration
- Assist in technical development and implementation of the Salonga Programme;
- Assist in program oversight and coordination, implementation, and administrative/financial management as requested by Salonga Program Manager;
- Participate to UGPNS events and/or jointly with partners as needed;
- Contribute to the review of partner’s financial and narrative reports in accordance with donors agreements;
- Ensure that both WWF Network and donors are aware of progress of activities and possible adaptive management, outside of the technical reporting cycles;
- Train Program staff on donor procedures;
- Closely follow developments in the donor community to adjust procedures when necessary (ensure trainings at EU and KfW in the beginning).
In full collaboration with WWF DRC and Germany Communication teams:
- Support the implementation of Salonga communication strategy and related communication materials and initiatives;
- Ensure with UGPNS staff that Salonga Website is fed with good stories emerging from the Park’s day-to-day life;
- Prepare status reports and communication packages with Communication team for Partnership members;
- Maintain open and fluid communication with Germany team and its partners.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- BA degree or equivalent in International Development, Business, Communications or related field.
- Over 5 years of relevant experience managing a partnership or grant.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EU donor’s desirable requirements and other preferably USAID; BMZ/KfW.
- Proven experience in donor proposal development with partners is mandatory;
- Good working knowledge of park management and what it takes to effectively manage a large-scale park. Understanding of forest and wildlife ecology, and natural resource management principles is important;
- Good understanding of community-based natural resource management and rural livelihood issues;
- Experience working with government officials and donors;
- Strong administrative and financial management and excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent people and project management skills to handle complex, multi-faceted projects, and to negotiate and resolve conflicts;
- Familiarity with website and social media content;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in French and English;
- Ability to live and work in remote and difficult conditions;
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Adherence to WWF’s behaviors, which are: Strive for impact, Listen deeply, Collaborate openly and Innovate fearlessly.
How to apply?
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to send:
- A cover letter
- A detailed CV with 3 references
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject should read SNP-PC
Deadline for applications: 31th January, 2020
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.