The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
WWF DRC welcomes the certification of legality obtained by CFT on all of its 3 forest concessions in the DRC
CFT company obtained the certification of legality on all of its 3 forest concessions in the DRC
This certificate covers more than 300,000 hectares of exploitable forest areas and the company has expressed its desire to be supported by WWF DRC with its new objective of responsible forest management.
CFT has been assessed and judged to be in conformity with the requirements of the LegalSource TM - NEPcon standard for timber legal production and supply on all the 3 logging concessions of the company (CCF 046/11, CCF 047 / 11 and CCF 005/18) in the DRC.
Support for obtaining this certificate is fully aligned with WWF-DRC's strategy to achieve its critical contribution of one million hectares of legally certified forest and registered into the FSC process by end of 2021.
It is also an opportunity for WWF-DRC to mention the work done at the national level to support sustainable forest management. These interventions include:
- Support to local communities and indigenous peoples in terms of monitoring the implementation of the social clauses of forest concession contract by the civil society through collaboration with the forest governance program that receives financial support from Norad;
- Carrying out legal pre-audits in forest concessions with the financial support of KfW;
- The development and testing of the Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) legality grids in the DRC;
- Support for the national coalition against illegal logging.
WWF DRC encourages other logging companies to do the same and obtain their certification of legality to continue their efforts towards a fully responsible forest management.