The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo You Are Here
- European Policy Office
Annonce: Salonga Programme Administrator
WWF-DRC is looking for a Programme Administrator for its Salonga National Park programme to help achieve its new ambitious goals and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
Monkoto, Democratic of Republic of Congo.
Duration of the assignment: 2 years subject to successful probation renewable subsequently
The Role:The Administrator of the Salonga National Park Programme will ensure:
- Technical coordination
- Administrative, Human and Financial resources management
- Strengthening partnership
This position is an International profile.
- Contribute to the preparation of budgets in accordance with the standards of the WWF and the donor under the supervision of the Park Director;
- Ensure that adequate finance and administration systems and procedures are operational; throughout the WWF sites attached to the program;
- Contribute, in consultation with ICCN’s financial and administrative unit (DAF ICCN) and in close cooperation with partners on the site, in the drafting of the manual of managing budgetary, accounting and financial procedures specific to the PNS, which will be based on the General provisions laid down by the DAF-ICCN;
- Ensure that the “Finance, Administration and HR Department” of the PNS provides rigorous budget and management and rigorous that enables the production, within legal deadlines and according to OHADA standards, of auditable and certifiable annual financial statements;
- Produce and complete on time monthly financial reports, bank reconciliations and financial information requested by the national office;
- Ensure the development and implementation of financial procedures aligned with the standard of WWF and current Congolese legislation as well as the requirements of donors;
- Prepare requests for funds based on solid expenditure plans consistent with the technical program;
- Ensure a proper posting of expenditures based on authorized budgets as well as proper documentation;
- Prepare and facilitate external and internal financial audits and participate if needed in other monitoring and evaluation processes;
- Prepare contracts and ensure that they are in accordance with current legislation;
- Ensure that the payment of salaries is made in a timely manner.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- University degree in economics, business administration or field related to accounting or a degree of equivalent professional training;
- At least 7 years’ experience in financial and project management in an international or multinational organization would be an advantage;
- Capacity of rigorous financial management and accounting with a strong organizational capability and communication and computer skills;
- An understanding of institutions funded by donors, particularly conservation organizations will be a definite advantage;
- This position requires an imaginative (creative) flexible, friendly and cooperative personality;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in French and English;
- Good administrative, financial, human resources and project management capabilities;
- Ability to work in difficult, problematic and complex conditions;
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Adherence to WWF’s behaviors, which are: Strive for impact, Listen deeply, Collaborate openly and Innovate fearlessly.
How to apply?
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to send:
- A cover letter
- A detailed CV with 3 references
All applications should be sent to email@example.com. The subject should read SNP-PA
Deadline for applications: January 15th, 2020
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.